Mojave Desert History
Note: For the purpose of this website, the East Mojave Desert refers to the area west Nevada, north of Interstate 40, east of the KelBaker Road, south of Interstate 15, but including Clark Mountain which lies to its north.
- Geology and Mineralization of Old Dad Mountain, 2017
- Mineral Potential Within the Eastern California Shear Zone, 2017
- Desert Symposium 2016: Clark Mountains, Mescal Range and Ivanpah Mountains, San Bernardino County. Gregg Wilkerson 2016
- The Historical Mining Towns of the Eastern Mojave Desert Alan Hensher - 2005
- A brief summary of East Mojave Desert Mining History1995
- Mines of Clark Mtn., Mescal Range, Ivanpah Mtns., Silurian Hills etc. (pdf) 1996
- Early Mines of Southern Clark Mountain, Northern Mescal Range and Ivanpah Mountains, San Bernardino County. 1996
Later Mines of Southern Clark Mountain, Northern Mescal Range and Ivanpah Mountains, San Bernardino County. 1996
- Mining History of the Silurian Hills, Shadow Mountains, and Halloran Springs Area 1996
- Mining Claims in the East Mojave (Download zipped MS Access database - transcribed by Ted Weasma)
- Mining Claims in the Standard Mining District (transcribed by Ted Weasma)
- Mining Claims held by Riley Bembry-East Mojave Desert (transcribed by Ted Weasma)
- Background to historic and prehistoric resources of the East Mojave Desert region Chester King & Dennis Casebier 1976
Homestead Era History and Patents
East Mojave Patents
These maps were exported as geographically enabled PDF files (Geopdf's) and can be used on your smartphone or tablet with the pdf-maps app by Avenza The app is free.
Genealogy of the East Mojave
An Ancestry.com "Family Tree" of the East Mojave*
Index of individuals in this "tree" as of Oct. 12, 2016
*You need an Ancestry.com membership to view this. OR, you can contact me and I will make you a guest to the tree - free of charge!